Saturday, August 24, 2019

3ds Max Modeling Tutorial: Adding Wrinkles To Your Furniture - Cut Tool & Cloth Modifier



3ds Max Modeling Tutorial: Adding Wrinkles To Your Furniture - Cut Tool & Cloth Modifier

*Get the full furniture modeling masterclass here:

-This preview lecture is a small part of a larger 3ds Max course on modelling high-poly, high-detail furniture. This is another bonus video for the course, showing techniques for adding wrinkles and variation to your furniture. The techniques shown here involve the cloth modifier, specifically the pressure setting, and also graphite modelling tools.

The overall goal of the course is to teach you how to make super high end furniture that is ready to be sold online. Check out the course if you want to become an expert at modelling furniture, and if you're interested in making a little extra cash by selling models on Turbosquid, or if you just want to add nice models to your CG Architecture projects.

Full Course (Limited Time Discount Price):
Learn more about architectural visualization here:

Software:
Autodesk 3ds Max

Main tools used:
Cut tool (edit poly)
cloth modifier

Preview image of furniture rendered with V-Ray





1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™


2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days


3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener


4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy


5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look


6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!


7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks


8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles


9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin


10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil


11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.


12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System


14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!


15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH


16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX

28 comments:

  1. this is sick and will take so much time

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeesus why did you render the tutorial out in 15 fps, this is like watching a diashow.

    Besides from that good tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, it helps me.
    I like your tutorial it's not boring at all.
    I have a question " how can I add realistic wrinkles to existing object like cushions or pillows? "

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank youuuuuuuu,, is possible to have the link of ths amazin video?merciii

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very helpful. Instructions are clear and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. could you tell me what did you do in the time 5:10,I can't understand! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used cloth channel to inflate the box with no problem, but then when I tried the second step which makes the cushion fall down to the rectangle below, nothing happened with the simulation process. The cushion didn't even move at all, can you tell me what I missed in the setting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid this tutorial did not have enough explosions or sex scenes in, so I will have to agree with the people who said it was boring and give it a dislike. JK, great tutorial! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am new in the 3d modeling world and its wonderful seen this artand i have to say thanks your video is very helpful to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how do i get that tool bar after pressing ffd 4*4*4 ? at 3:35

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been modeling furniture for architectural previz applications for 9 years, and I've never taken the time to add these subtle touches. I'm really excited to start taking it a step further, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time to learn 3ds Max! I use sketchup mostly for hobby type modeling, but would love to expand a bit into higher end. Let me tell ya modeling folds and creases in sketchup is painful.

    Subbed for future reference when my skills evolve. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the video. When the video first began, I wondered what the buttons were down the side (your Extrude). You prompted me to look into making my own Modifier List. (That was a bonus!) Your cushion turned out different from mine but I noticed that just before you clicked OK after choosing "Cotton" that it switched to "Cashmere" on you & that may have made the difference. I thought your video was nicely done and at a good pace. A lot of video tutorials (for Max especially) I've found either don't have the audio or go at light speed. This was just right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tutorial, if only you showed a small renderd preview in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats when you dont have Zbrush :>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great video.. I am a furniture designer and until recently all of my designs were hand drawn and the 'CAD' department would do all of the modeling and rendering. Long story short, I struck out on my own and can't afford a full time staff of 'CAD guys'. Is Autocad with 3ds max a good way to go? I design everything from hard case goods (wood, metal, steel) to lamps with shades and a lot of upholstered goods, sofas, club chairs, etc. That is why I love this video. It's rare to see cushions or pillows rendered well in CAD. Any advice on a good CAD suite or program would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. For what it's worth, I tried Autocad, 3ds max and Rhino. Rhino is supposedly the 'easiest' to 3D model in. I found it incredibly NON intuitive and actually the most difficult . I guess I am in the minority. And the renders were horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How boring video! The theme is interesting, but too boring to watch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this tutorial, pay no attention to the 'This is boring' comments. You were very helpful to me, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey! thanks for sharing this. it was great. i ran into some problem whr you used silk in cloth modifier, but worked perfectly well whn i used cotton for that too. thanks again

    ReplyDelete