Saturday, August 24, 2019

How To: Gel Over Polish - No Wrinkles!



Do you have a color of Nail Polish you love, but want the durability of Gel? Suzie shows how to use a Gel Top Coat over regular Polish, and keep it from wrinkling!

Products Used in this video:

Rose Bonbon Nail Lacquer
Kiara Sky


Shine E Gel
Exclusive Nail Couture


LED Gel Lamp
Ugly Duckling


Suzie was not paid to promote the products in this video, and does not receive a commision from sales. Some products were given to Suzie to try, and she is sharing her experience of using the products with her viewers. Links to products are provided as a courtesy to Suzie's viewers.
--------
Follow Suzie on Instagram:
"

Suzie invites you to share your own nail design photos with her on Instagram with the hashtag:
"#nailcareereducation"


You can also follow Suzie:




_____

Music:
Drop of A Hat by Neon Beach -
Foreshadowing Shadows by PALA

All music © of the composers.
Music Licensed through
Soundstripe





1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™


2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days


3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener


4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy


5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look


6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!


7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks


8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles


9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin


10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil


11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.


12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System


14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!


15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH


16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX

29 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making this!! I struggled with this when using specialty nail powders like chrome or linear holo powder pigments, which work best buffed into a cured gel top coat, but I always used regular polish colours as the base. This definitely makes more sense now! Suzie to the nail rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recently with an OPI polish. I waited til the next day. It seemed mostly dry so I added the top coat. After a while, there was maybe 1 or 2 wrinkles under a few nails. What I ended up doing is getting a quick dry top coat to apply before adding any gel. I waited til the next day cause I was paranoid but that worked perfectly! Maybe it was just a me problem? but I'd say it's crucial to seal the polish before it's then sealed with gel. It also smoothes out any streaks in the polish before it hardens to make it look like a seemless application. Polish by itself seems to remain rather soft for more than just a few hours. It must take at least a day which would never work cause I kinda need to use my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzie, where do you get those great lights you have in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my nails being that long but they keep breaking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you recommend a no wipe top coat that does not yellow and keeps its shine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, Susie! Could you do a video with the young nails caption conversation? Would love to get your opinion on that system!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzie, I do this all the time, but first I use Out the Door topcoat and then I follow up with the gel topcoat. I dont think I have had the wrinkling effect while doing it this way. I know I certainly have had them using regular topcoat or none at all. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is older, but thank you for this! I'm a single mom and started doing my own gel nails, but could NOT afford to replace all my favorite colors with gel polish and couldn't figure out why when I tried this some of my nails did fine and others didn't. Now I know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you do this, does it last as long as a normal gel manicure would?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can this damage your natural nail because I want a normal mani with a gel top coat but dont want to damage my nails

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susie, I have a tone of nail lacquer polishes that I use on myself and clients that they and I would love to have in gel because of colours, I was wondering, have you tried these new products (SensatioNail: Polish to Gel, Hydracol: Polish to Gel, or GELbility: Stick It and Fix It) that you mix with the nail lacquer to make nail lacquer into gel polish? Would be very interesting to see if it truly works.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will doing this prevent issues with ruining my nails when I pull off my polish😂😂????

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am repairing my nails after having acrylics on for a long time. I love having my nails done, but hate how fast regular polish chips off. I use two very thin layers of nail strengthener and then apply my gel polish on top! It works great! I know they make gel strengthener, but I feel like they are still sucking the moisture out of my nails and damaging it! I kept trying to find content to see if it would work or shorten the length of wear time. Glad you did a video on this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo usefull! Thank you Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. would the same rule apply with soft gel in a tub?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that I just have to search for my question and you have the answer :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for this! Answered my question 💙

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just believe what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are making me love in love with nails again . Love your tutorials ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. do i need to put a gel base coat or a regular one?
    and BTW thank u so much for this video!! i've started to do my own gel manicure and i have tons of regular nail polishes that i wish i could use and now i can lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh I love ❤️ 💕 💗 your video, you got right to the point. Give me all the important information. Love it!!!’ Great format thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Recently purchased a new gel polish that was a sheer glitter, so it needed to be put on top of a similar color. I happened to be wearing a cheap sally hansen color that matched perfectly, so I put a couple coats on top of that and finished with a gel top coat too and I’m on week 3!!!!! I haven’t had any peeling. I definitely was NOT expecting it to last at all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is there a brand that works best as a top coat? Also, how long does this last? Will this last as long as an OPI gel manicure? OPI seems to last the longest for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much Susy. I never figured out why some like the pinky would be fine but the others wouldn't set properly. #LET IT DRY SLIGHTLY💡🤗😎 THE OG of nail life!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoy the channel even though I am not a pro or even keep my nail long anymore... I would really love to see information on how you keep your cuticles and hands so mosturized!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your rhinestone hand rest roll. Could you provide the information to where it can be purchased. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete