Thursday, September 5, 2019

079 - Pamela Caughey - How to FLATTEN Wrinkled/Warped Works on Paper - How to FIX Marks that SMEAR!



Opt in to my FREE VIDEOS/TUTORIALS with Instructions & SUPPLY lists!! All the same YouTube Videos - but categorized and organized :)
❤️🐝🎉🎈🥂

NEW Online Painting Course – SPECIAL DISCOUNT continued WHILE COUPONS LAST! 25% off Powerful Design and Personal Color ONLINE course: ❤️🎉🍿🎈🥂🍾🐝


Here are all my FAVORITE Tools and Art Supplies - with links on where to find them:
❤️🎉🍿🎈

Subscribe to my YouTube CHANNEL so You NEVER Miss an Exciting Video:

Got a QUESTION? I'll try to answer it! Ask me here:

In video 079, I demonstrate how to flatten an acrylic painting on paper so I can mount later on panel without bubbles and pockets due to wrinkled paper. Yes, it is a process, and this is a LARGE-scale painting, but the technique can be done on any waterbased medium and paper to get perfectly FLAT results. Even if you frame a work on paper behind glass, it looks much more professional if the work on paper is perfectly flat. I've found the mounting process to go much more smoothly if the paper is very flat.

----------------------------------------------------------

My name is Pamela Caughey and I am an artist/instructor/mentor/coach living in Montana. I welcome you to my YouTube Channel and hope you will find lots of useful and helpful content that will help you grow as an artist so you can create Your Best Art!

For more about ART and SUCCESS, visit my teaching/coaching/mentoring website:

FREE webinar! "How to Create Powerful, Personal Paintings you LOVE in my THREE Stages (without FEAR, PROCRASTINATION, OR GETTING STUCK"! Join the FREE webinar HERE (stick around till the end to receive FIVE great BONUSES):

Connect with Pamela Caughey here:
Instagram:
Facebook:
Twitter:





1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™


2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days


3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener


4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy


5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look


6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!


7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks


8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles


9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin


10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil


11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.


12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System


14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!


15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH


16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX

34 comments:

  1. Really useful video, so many thanks for sharing your knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. IT IS VERY HELPFUL! I have a large painting on Arches oil paper that is wrinkled. Should I use the same technique? Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once flat there is that scary part to mount the work on a panel. Do you have any secrets on how to do that without getting any bubbles. I'm ok with smaller works but ones the panel is 36x36 or more, I seem to get a bubble or two. AND when you do a triptych do you mount it on a board with a tiny bit to trim off or do you match the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, thank you for your wonderfully detailed videos. Did I miss that you put a disinfectant into the water to prevent the growth of mould while it is drying out? I live in England, which is well known for its cool dampness and mould is a problem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you worked on 300 lb. watercolor paper or print making paper. Both being heavier than the 140 lb and not rippling? Or acrylic paper? Thank you for the video and all your hard work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you. I have those same tables and I have to drag them around. You were handling them like they were nothing. Thank you so much for showing your method.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela, thanks for sharing so much of what you do, I’m finding them very educational plus I just love watching you work. I’ve recently started exploring my painting side after spending the past 15 years as a graphic designer and recently colouring book author. I’m really loving it and I to also love paper and cradled wood panels (I’ve even been making my own and I’m enjoying the process too). My question is that in this video you mentioned that large paper works are easier to store - how do you store them? My studio is my dining room, I’m hoping to take over the garage soon however I’m worried about dust and would love to see how you store your paper works - another video idea perhaps? Thanks so much for your time, not just in reading this but with the videos you share and workshops you teach. Angel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouu!!!You are unstoppable sourse of knowledge !!! Thank you very much for all this information!!! Question ? Do yo recommend to wet smaller paper? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video Pamela . Very inormative and interesting . Thank you . Kind regards - Judi - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. To save marks is it necessary to use a gloss as opposed to matte medium?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great informative video, Pam. I've been working on panels up to this point, but the larger panels weigh too much. And have wanted to work on paper. So this is a great option for me. I am going to watch episode 46 for the mounting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for these two very helpful techniques! Very clear and wonderful to view!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pamela where do you buy the roll of paper? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you. on the sealing mark making, why gloss? isnt matt ok? or does gloss seal better?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Information. Thank you for your generosity! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam, I probably will never do paintings as large as yours... but I love to watch you work, get inspired by just listening to you and all the tips you give, and really admire your generosity. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you always/ever prime the paper before painting? With what?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's like you read my mind and made this video for when I needed it most...recently have been getting into using R&F pigment sticks on large art papers for studies. So glad this came out!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this video and for all the great information! I'm learning so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is incredibly helpful, thank you. Love your channel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the video. Sound was great. Wish I had the space to paint large. Principles will apply to smaller sizes so video was very informative and helpful. Thanks Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are an endless resource. After viewing several of your videos I signed up for your online PDPC course. The scope of information, in detail, and depth of knowledge shared is so satisfying. Better than any art course or class I’ve taken in San Francisco. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I learnt some really valuable things watching this. Thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  24. questions: why don't you cover the particle board with a layer of heavy plastic to make sure it doesn't get wet? and also, can the wetting part of the process be done outside with a spray hose, roll up your work and bring it inside to finish on dry blotting paper? have you found that the art paper rips easily when wet? wondering if the artwork can be glued onto the cradled panel after wetting it while it is still wet? thank you so so much for this one. very practical info. love it! - karen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks again for another video. The sound was great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's impossible to be more flat-



    Chested then I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pheww! What an aerobic workout, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your painting looks shinny, did you varnish it before this video?

    ReplyDelete