Friday, September 6, 2019

DIY Anti-Aging Vitamin C MOISTURIZER | New & Improved Recipe for Even Better Vitamin C Serum



Please join my family:
SUBSCRIBE 💚
CHAT WITH ME:

YEARS AGO (I won't tell you how many) I posted a video to YouTube of a DIY Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum. To this day, it is my best performing video! If you're worried about aging skin, Vitamin C NEEDS to be in your skincare routine. But, as I've discussed before, Vitamin C is very unstable, and should be made at home, instead of purchased at a drug store. So I created this recipe for a deeply nourishing moisturizer that has an amazing form of Vitamin C in it - I promise you're going to LOOOOVE this recipe!


Here is the link to my original YouTube video!

2 tsp beeswax pastilles // If you want you cream to be less thick and balm-like in texture, just use 1 tsp beeswax pellets
2 tsp coco butter //
2 tbsp rosehip seed oil //
2 tbsp squalene oil* //
4 tbsp distilled water
1/2 tsp magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C) //
4 tsp vegetable emulsifying wax //
20 drops of geranium essential oil //
20 drops of frankincense essential oil //

* If you don't have squalene, you can omit it - The recipe holds up without it!
For those of you who want to learn more about squalene, check out this blog post!


STORAGE: To preserve, store in fridge for up to 6 months. To increase the preservation of your product, you can add 1/4 tsp of Grapefruit Seeds Extract in the final stage of mixing.

TO USE: Always use a popsicle stick or spatula to scoop balm out of container, this will keep bacteria out. If you have very dry skin, you can use morning and night. If you skin is combination/oily, use as a night cream.

And if you don't have time to make your own Vitamin C Moisturizer, check out this awesome alternative from goPure Naturals //

#essentialoils #DIY #VitaminC



Join the Gorgeously Green Family 💚
SUBSCRIBE now! 👉👉
Chat with me 🙋‍♀️

If you love wellness, GRAB MY FREE 3x3x3 GUIDE! This free guide has my 3 favorite recipes, DIYs and product reviews, and is a great way to kickstart your wellness. Click here to get your FREE copy today:

And, if you're interested in changing your health and wellness, I absolutely recommend you sign-up to be the first-to-know about my Plant-Powered Challenge. I run this challenge three or four times per year, and it is a GREAT way to revamp your wellness from the inside out. The challenge costs just $31 (that's $1-a-day), and it's a great way to connect with a great community of wellness warriors. Click here to learn more:

Be sure to follow me on social media!!
Blog //
Facebook //
Twitter //
Instagram //
Pinterest //





1- Instant Wrinkle Reducer™


2- Kollagen Intensiv™ - Accelerate Your NATURAL Collagen Production In Just 84 Days


3- Illuminatural6i™ Advanced Skin Lightener


4-Dermefface FX 7™ - Scar Reduction Therapy


5- ClearPores - Improve the way you look


6- Phyto350 - Fill In Wrinkles From the Inside Out!


7- Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy - Visibly Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks


8- Age-Defying Eye Therapy - Get Rid Of Crow's Feet, Laugh Lines And Dark Circles


9- Rosacea Relief Serum - Long-Term Relief For Dry, Itchy And Inflamed Facial Skin


10- Argan Oil - Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil


11- Feel Better. Look Better. Live Better.


12- Hersolution Booty Sculpt System - The Complete Sculpt, Firming & Smoothing Anit-Aging System


14- Stop Grow™ - Say Goodbye to Unwanted Body Hair!


15- GenF20™ - Look Younger, Feel Younger, Stay Younger With HGH


16- GenFX™ - Live Your Life to the Fullest with GenFX

30 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to make one pound of this cream can you please tell me the amount of each ingredient to use. I want to keep it for 6-8 month what are the preservatives I would have to use thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie, I followed the exact recipe but the cream has more of a balm consistency. What do you think went wrong. Also I read that cocoa butter, beeswax clog pores, is it true? Why do you recommend them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sophie for your recipe.
    I don't know if I'm the only one that has made this moisturiser several times, and each time the texture is different.
    I just finished making another batch and I'm wondering if the emulsifying wax, and distilled water was too hot, before blending it with the warm oils, because it curdled.
    Anyway, my main question is in regards to your measurements. Although you've put the ingredients up, it totally seems more when I'm watching your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I add Aloe Vera juice (replace the water?) and Castor Oil to this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say what you will about oils not moisturizing, but this has proven to be a remarkable product. I started using my own mix of Sophie's Vitamin-C serum and hyaluronic acid serum November 25th of last year. Within the first month I met three different people who were visibly stunned to learn my age. The serum did nothing to moisturize, so I made up this cream early this year, and the results have been quite remarkable. While enjoying a nice restaurant dinner with my son last month, we encountered a friend of his who mistook me for his SISTER! Nothing like that ever happened when I was using top-of-the-line commercial products. I'm 70 years old, I don't color my silver hair, and I wear no makeup at all, so this man's mistake was the result of my skin care, nothing more. Two thumbs up, Sophie. Obviously, this works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant find the link to get ingredient amounts

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive heard beeswax clogs your pores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, and God bless your work. This moisturizer is absolutely amazing. I've already made my 3rd batch - that is how amazing this moisturizer is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am lazy. anyone try just mixing the oils and the map c with out the waxes? recently, i made the vit c serum after i came across the video on fb this week (using l-ascorbic c powder, camu camu, water and vg. the camu camu is gritty.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What would you suggest for vegans who would like to omit the beeswax, is there an alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am extremely concerned about the water....mixed into it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made this recipe today. I substituted cocoa butter with Kokum butter since I have sensitivity to cocoa. I love how it turned out! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing recipe, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!Is it Ok to put a half of Lemon(juice)on my face?It looks tighter right away,but some tells Me that it is Not Good for My skin...I don't Go on the sun,of course.. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi sophie ! i want to make this cream and i wanted to ask, i have olivem 1000 , an emulsifying , can i use it instead of your emulsifying wax? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a cerified formulator of natural skincare products. May I offer a few suggestions and a bit of advice here, that you don't use refined Rosehip oil, (the more orange the rosehip, the more beneficial), the one you've used has no colour so has likely had the benefits refined out of it... and don't melt rosehip or the sqaulene in with the butter and beeswax. Instead, mix it in after the melted butter has cooled slightly otherwise you're heating the properties of the rosehip and will damage them. The water phase needs to reach 70 degrees. It's also very important to bring to correct temperature, and not to add the essential oils until after the formulation has decreased to below 30 degrees. When using essential oils in skincare, it's also crucial to stay within the safe dermal limits and they shouldn't ever be more than 1% of the final formulation for leave on products. (this also depends on the essential oils you are using) never measure by drops, but rather by % of formulation. Also when adding ANY water phase to skincare, it needs a preservative to protect against mold, yeast and bacteria which can't always be seen by the naked eye, yet still may be present. This formulation wont be safe to use beyond a few days, if not refridgerated, and maybe upto a week or so, if refridgerated. Sorry, but grapefruit seed extract is NOT a preservative, but an antioxidant. It may help prevent from rancidity, but it WONT preserve the formulation. Plus, it needs to be checked for pH balance.
    Formualtions should be broken down in phases: A, B, C.
    Your emulsifying wax should be heated with your butter and wax, the water heated seperately to 70 degrees.
    Then blended together.
    Then when the mixture has decreased to 40 degrees you can add the Rosehip and Squalene and Vit C powder to keep them stable.
    At room temp, you can add the essential oils and a preservative. Once again, if you're adding water to ANY formulation, a preservative MUST be added. Grapefruit Seed Extract is not a preservative, nor are any essential oils.
    Hope this helps...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ms. Sophie, is it 2 tsp or 2 tbsp of Cocoa Butter?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could you put rose essential oil in instead of the others

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sofie, is it ok add Vitamin E Oil??thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought L-Ascorbic Acid instead of the magnesium ascorbyl phosphate. I think this was based on one of your older recipes ( i'm not sure where I got the notion to buy it unless I saw it on youtube). Is the L-Ascorbic acid okay to use instead?

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi sophie haw are you
    thank you for every diy
    i need your number plz for asking you plllllllllz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sophie! I made this recipe but I added 1 tsp of vitamin c instead of 1/2 tsp is it ok?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can I substitute the cocoa butter with shea butter?

    ReplyDelete
  23. So I can't use the L-Acsorbic acid powder in this? Thanx😞

    ReplyDelete
  24. Could I use shea butter instead, I don't have cocoa butter? But if cocoa butter is best, it's definitely going on my grocery list! Great job I'm looking forward to making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sophie. What is shelflife of this cream? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can I add anything else instead of the veg wax, as I cannot purchase one in the UK that’s not good and affordable

    ReplyDelete